3rd Quarter Curriculum
1. Students will be able to identify main idea, summarize, and locate important information in order to gather research
2.Students will access technology to analyze current event articles and videos relating to world news, science, and social studies.
3. Students will be participating in reading groups and performing literature circle roles to encourage book discussion and analysis of fantasy text.
4. Students will complete a variety of word work activities to strengthen their vocabulary knowledge.
5. Students will analyze an EOG passage and answer questions critically.
6. Students will be analyzing non- fiction text to strengthen their understanding (reading and discussing Time for Kids, Super Science, or Story Works articles, and responding critically.)
**To Prepare for upcoming tests...
Practice Reading Comprehension on
1. Students will convert measurement in the customary and metric systems
2. Students will be challenging each other's thinking by asking higher level bloom's questions.
3. Students will be completing differentiated activities/working in groups to challenge them at their appropriate learning level.
4. Students will utilize powerpoints, voice thread, flip videos, and paper slides to demonstrate and present their learning projects.
**Math Live Website:
* Wake County Tutorials on nearly every math topic!!!
AMAZING TUTORIALS ON ALL TOPICS IN ELA AND MATH
1. Students will identify and describe human body systems, cells, and elements of genetics
1. Students will describe the causes of the civil war, as well as any important people, battles, and how the war changed the course of our country.