2nd Quarter Curriculum
1. Students will be able to discuss and summarize the main idea of texts.
2.Students will access technology to analyze current event articles and videos relating to world news, science, and social studies.
3. Students will be participating in reading groups and performing literature circle roles to encourage book discussion and analysis of non-fiction text.
4. Students will complete a variety of word work activities to strengthen their vocabulary knowledge.
5. Students will analyze an EOG passage and answer questions critically.
6. Students will be analyzing non- fiction text to strengthen their understanding (reading and discussing Time for Kids, Super Science, or Story Works articles, and responding critically.)
**To Prepare for upcoming tests...
Practice Reading Comprehension on
1. Students will divide decimals.
2. Students will be challenging each other's thinking by asking higher level bloom's questions.
3. Students will be completing differentiated activities/working in groups to challenge them at their appropriate learning level.
4. Students will utilize powerpoints, voice thread, flip videos, and paper slides to demonstrate and present their learning projects.
**Math Live Website:
* Wake County Tutorials on nearly every math topic!!!
AMAZING TUTORIALS ON ALL TOPICS IN ELA AND MATH
1. Students will explore Newton's Laws of Motion through various hands on activities
1. Students will understand and identify the causes and main events/people of the Revolutionary War.